- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of butter/or a coating spray such as Pam
- 5-6 cups of chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (10 and 3/4 ounce size)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (same size)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sour cream (may use lowfat if desired)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar (mild or sharp)
- 8 prepared large flaky biscuits (Pillsbury Grand work well)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan/baking dish (or comparable size).
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat until melted. Stir in chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Combine the onion, soups, sour cream and milk in a large bowl and mix well. Add the chopped chicken and stir until coated.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with one cup of the shredded cheddar. Arrange biscuits in a single layer over the top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the biscuits.
- Return to oven for another 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Serve with a side salad, cranberry sauce, and perhaps a cooked vegetable. This is comfort food at its best. This recipe serves 6-8.
Tip: If you are in a time crunch and/or don't have leftover chicken to use, Tysons and other companies sell pre-packaged cooked, chopped chicken that is available in the deli department of your local grocery.