Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Grandma Kilbane's Spice Bread

Okay, I'm finally posting something new! This is one of the most delicious bread recipes I know of. It's not terribly tricky to make and it will make your kitchen smell wonderful. Special thanks to Mom and Uncle Marty for passing this recipe along - I'll be making tomorrow!

2 cups cold water
2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp.+ salt
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cups raisins
1/2 c walnuts
1/2 cup butter
Mix above ingredients together. Place in a saucepan; simmer 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Mix with the above mixture:
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Place whole mixture in two pans. Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank god for Uncle Marty!!! I think he saved the dday--and my kitchen will soon be smelling pretty good!!
Mam